Applications are invited for a temporary appointment as Lecturer (below the bar) (with special interest in Academic English, UCD Applied Language Centre. The successful candidate will be offered a specified purpose appointment covering a member of staff whilst on maternity leave (Estimated duration: 6 to 9 months).
The successful candidate(s) will contribute to and support the quality expansion of the teaching capacities of the Applied Language Centre (ALC) at University College Dublin. S/he will engage with and contribute to the delivery, design and evaluation of the Centre’s programmes.
Specific to this temporary appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will have, or show clear potential of having, a track record in:
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels reflecting evidence of strong commitment teaching and learning, with an emphasis on English for academic purposes.
- Coordination, development and support of the work of language teachers
- Design, delivery and evaluation of English for Academic Purposes programmes.
- Supervision of masters theses
- Administrative and managerial duties, which will be assigned by the Director of the Centre
Note: It is envisaged an appointee will commenced in post on 18 April 2016; or as soon as possible to that date.
Lecturer (below the bar) Scale: €31,820 – €56,602 p.a.
Appointment will be made on scale and in accordance with the Department of Finance guidelines